Bloomington, IN 47401
Monroe Lake advisories
- HIGH WATER UPDATE 8-2-2021: Fairfax SRA and Paynetown SRA beaches are now OPEN. Boat ramps and campsites are also OPEN. All courtesy docks and public fishing docks are STILL CLOSED due to high water at this time. Please check back here or on Facebook for updates.
- Blue-Green Algae: Blue-green algae is at the ADVISORY alert level for the beach at Paynetown SRA beach at MONROE LAKE: Swimming and boating are permitted. Avoid contact with this algae and swallowing water while swimming. Take a bath or shower with warm soapy water after coming in contact with lake water. Do not use lake water for cooking nor bathing and do not allow your pets to swim or drink water where algae are present.Learn more about blue-green algae.
- Black Vultures: Birds may damage your vehicle. Learn how.
Events in the next seven days
Paynetown SRA, Fairfax SRA, Allen's Creek SRA, Cutright SRA, Moore's Creek SRA, Salt Creek SRA, Pine Grove SRA, Crooked Creek SRA
23,952 acres - 10,750-acres lake
Water safety matters! If you use one of our big reservoirs for swimming, fishing, boating or skiing, check out Bobber the Water Dog, brought to you by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Boating / 9 Launch Ramps
- Fishing / Ice Fishing
- Fishing Piers
- Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina
- Gas Dock
- Hunting (Waterfowl Hunts)
- Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Nature Center
- Picnicking / Shelterhouse (Shelter Reservations)
- Rental - Fishing Boats, Pontoons
- Swimming / 2 Beaches (Policy)
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
- Electric / 226 sites
- Non-electric / 94 sites
- Camp Store (Seasonal)
- Dumping Station
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
BlueBird Trail (1.25 miles) Moderate—Forest and field trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Tree Trek Trail (0.5 mile) Easy—Forest Ecosystem interpretive trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Turkey Trot Trail (1.75 miles) MODERATE—Hike- In/Boat-In Camping Area in Allen’s Creek State Recreation Area.
Whitetail Trail (1 mile) MODERATE—Access trail for walk-in visitors at Paynetown State Recreation Area.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.