Potawatomi Inn features 126 Inn rooms, eight cabins and four cabin suites. Pet-friendly and accessible rooms available. For more details, visit the reservation page.
Rooms & Cabins
Potawatomi Inn offers a variety of rooms in the 126-room inn and 12 cabins.
The inn rooms are furnished with either one or two queen beds (accessible versions available), single, or double full-size beds in its Historic Section. We also offer 10 patio rooms located on the ground level, with private patio doors that open onto an outdoor patio overlooking the park or lake.
Cabin Suites (year-round)
We offer 4 spacious and comfortable suites furnished with a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, televisions, and phone. These rooms are furnished with one or two queen beds, and one sofa hide-a-bed. The accessible cabin suite offers one queen bed and a trundle twin bed, All cabin suites sleep up to 6 guests.
Historic Cabins (year-round)
Potawatomi Inn offers 8 recently remodeled historic cabins with a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and television, and each has its own private bathroom. The rustic cabins include one queen bed (accessible version) or two double beds.
- Lake front setting with large sandy beach front
- Pontoon Boat rentals available on site
- Adult and child bicycles available for rent at the inn and the park camp store
- Small watercraft also available for rent (kayaks, paddle boats, row boats)
- Dock space available on a first come basis
- Indoor swimming pool (Covid-19 restrictions apply), whirlpool and sauna (temporarily closed)
- Staffed activity room that offers activities and crafts for young and old (weekends only)
- Game room (closed)
- Exercise room (closed)
- Guest laundry (closed)
- Unique gift shop. Indiana and regional-made products.
- Free wireless internet throughout the Inn
- Complimentary coffee / hot tea station (closed)
- Satellite television
- Bonfire pit near the lake
- ATM on property
- Full service dining room with a cozy fireplace
- Courtyard café for lighter fare with inside and outside dining
- Large sun porch facing Lake James
- Spacious sun deck connected to the Inn a great place to sit and relax, beautiful enough for an outdoor wedding ceremony with Lake James as a backdrop.
Pokagon State Park, framed by Lake James and Snow Lake, which offer abundant opportunities for boating, swimming, fishing and scenic sunsets. The park offers hiking and biking trails, guided horseback rides and boat rentals. In winter, the state's only refrigerated toboggan slide operates. Visit www.tobogganrun.com for details.
- Cross country skiing
- Hiking trails, including the 8 Mile Hell's Point Hiking Challenge
- Nature Center/Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Picnicking shelters
- Meeting and conference facilities
- Picnicking and shelter rental
- Playground equipment
- Paddleboat, rowboat and pontoon rentals
- Recreation building rental
- Saddle Barn with escorted rides 260-833-6007
- Sand volleyball court
- Swimming / beach
Outside the park:
With more than 101 natural lakes and Indiana’s most beautiful state park, Steuben County is a recreational wonderland. Tour the 200-acre buffalo preserve, visit wineries and discover unique restaurants on the Steuben County Foodie Trail.
For information on local attractions and things to do, please visit Steuben County