Canyon Inn offers pet-friendly and accessible rooms. For more details, visit the reservation page.
Our 21 queen/queen rooms are each furnished with two queen beds. They feature either a view of the woods or the beautifully manicured front lawn. Two of our queen/queen rooms are pet friendly. You may reserve them using using room code PFQQ.
Our 23 single rooms are each furnished with one double bed. Rooms may be located on the first or second floor of our historic east wing. Please note first and second floor rooms feature a small shower only.
Our nine double rooms are each furnished with two double beds, Some feature exposed brick and rough-hewn woodwork. All are located on the second floor and have microwave and compact refrigerators.
Our twelve queen rooms are each furnished with one queen bed. Rooms may be located in the historic east wing or on the third floor. Third floor rooms feature a slanted ceiling and dormers.
Our six studio rooms are each furnished to accommodate six people with two queen beds and a sofa bed in one large open area. They feature a compact refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.
- Free wireless internet
- Coffee Makers in all rooms
- Full service restaurant
- Satellite television
- Hair dryers in all rooms
- Iron and ironing boards available on request
- Game room
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Rolling beds available for $10 per night
- Cribs available for $5 per night
- Refrigerators available for $7.50 per night
- Large lounge with fireplace and comfortable hickory and leather furniture.
- Gift shop
McCormick’s Creek State Park is Indiana’s oldest state park. It was dedicated on July 4, 1916, as part of the state's Centennial Celebration. It has grown to 1,833 acres from its original 350 acres.
Within McCormick's Creek State Park:
- Ten hiking trails ranging from easy to rugged. The shortest trail is 0.5 miles and the longest trail is 2 miles.
- Wolf Cave, off trail 5, is a natural formation cave. Bring a flashlight.
- Falls, off trail 3, hike to the falls or listen to the water moving from the observation deck.
- Old State House Quarry, off trail 2, is where limestone was used in the old statehouse.
- Fire tower, off trail 4, you can climb the fire tower and view the tree tops.
- Saddle Barn.
- Nature Center.
- Campground with 180 electric sites and 33 primitive sites.
- Shelters available for rental.
- Tennis courts.
- Recreation center open seasonally with basketball, volleyball and racquetball courts, shuffle board, oversize checkers and chess, video games and a fire pit.
Within 10-15 minutes of the Inn:
- Rolling Meadows, 18-hole golf course, one of Indiana’s Premier courses.
- Pine Woods, 9-hole golf course.
- Owen-Putnam State Forest
Within 15-30 minutes of the Inn:
- Cataract Falls, Indiana’s largest waterfall
- Lieber State Recreation Area
- Indiana University in Bloomington, featuring NCAA sports, world class shows at the auditorium, and the art museum.
- Wonderlab in Bloomington, The Museum of Science, Health and Technology
- Bloomington Farmer’s Market, open Saturday mornings in downtown.