DHPA Jewish Historical Resources
Lake County, located in the northwest corner of Indiana, was first explored by Jesuit priests in 1675. Lake County was officially organized into three townships in 1837. The northern third is heavily industrialized, with strong ties Chicago. On the other hand, the southern two thirds typifies much of rural Indiana with farms and rural communities. Because of the county’s topography, much of the early settlement occurred in the county’s central areas.
Milgram House, Gary
Winer Building, Crown Point