Using and maintaining log landings
- Restrict fueling and maintenance activities to designated areas of the landing. Handle all fuels and lubricants with care to avoid spills.
- Avoid use of the landing when conditions may lead to soil movement off site or when extensive rutting can occur and affect water quality.
- Apply coarse stone or other stabilizing cover as needed in extreme conditions.
- Leave log cutoffs in the woods or a designated area of the landing to minimize work hazards and improve landing efficiency and appearance.
- Minimize soil compaction, rutting and logging debris on agricultural and other non-forest lands.
- Keep the public road beds clean of mud and debris and maintain the public road drainage system.
- Maintain water diversion and erosion control measures to control runoff into and from the landing.