Reynolds Creek Gamebird Habitat Area advisories
- The Indiana Department of Natural Resources has adjusted services, events and operations to protect Hoosiers and prevent further spread of COVID-19. Please visit on.IN.gov/dnrcovid19 for a listing of what is open, closed, restricted and canceled.
Possession of the land which comprises Reynolds Creek Gamebird Area began in 2011 with the transfer of 1,250 acres from the Indiana Department of Corrections to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Division of Fish & Wildlife. Reynolds Creek Gamebird Area is comprised mostly of agricultural fields, two small woodlots, and several restorable wetlands. Future plans are to decrease the farmland and convert to native prairies and restore the wetlands. The Federally-owned Great Blue Heron Rookery adjoins the property to the north. Reynolds Creek winds through the western portion of the property and eventually empties into the Little Calumet River. Reynolds Creek contains one of the last remaining natural reproducing brown trout populations in the State.
- No open hunting is allowed. Hunting by special permit only. Special permit can be obtained at Kingsbury Fish & Wildlife Area.
- No Fishing is allowed at Reynolds Creek Gamebird Area.
- Trapping opportunities are allocated by drawing on the first Saturday of October at Kingsbury FWA.
- Need a reason to get outside and move? You can volunteer alone or in small groups at this property. Some activities include trash pick-up, basic gardening, painting, and more. Call the property office for details.
Wildlife watching is allowed, given the close proximity to Lake Michigan, many bird species have been documented on the property.
The Federally owned Great Blue Heron Rookery has a parking lot available on County Road 600 East. Please obey all signs on the property.
NO Camping and NO Swimming Allowed.
Please Read and Obey All Signs.
A record of Fish & Wildlife Area property rules can be found on the Indiana Fish & Wildlife Area Rules webpage. Property specific rules can be found below, if applicable. Contact the property directly for specific questions.