Access to Pisgah Marsh: Located on CR 350 N, Pierceton, IN 46562, approximately nine miles north of Larwill, Ind., west of SR 5.
The Pisgah Marsh Area and Boardwalk has four areas set aside to preserve habitat resources for a variety of plant and animal species. The 445 combined acres of Pisgah Areas 1, 2 and 3 is comprised of grassland, wetland, upland forest and lake habitat. Pisgah Area 1 has approximately 128 acres as well as the 6.67-acre Pisgah Lake. The Durham Lake area is comprised of 502 acres with a 13-acre lake.
The Pisgah Marsh and Durham Lake areas are managed by Tri-County Fish and Wildlife Area.
- Fishing is available at the Durham Lake area.
- No check-in is required for fishing.
- Primary species include largemouth bass and bluegill.
- Small boat access available. No gas motors permitted.
- There is a special size and bag limit for largemouth bass. All other species size and bag limits apply. See current fishing regulations for details.
- Hunting opportunities for woodland game, upland game, waterfowl and furbearers are available on the Durham Lake area.
- Check-in is required. All hunting seasons and bag limits apply. See current hunting regulations for details.
- The Pisgah Marsh Area is home to over 290 bird species and provides excellent wildlife viewing throughout the year.
Pisgah Marsh Areas 1, 2, and 3
The Pisgah Marsh Area is a hidden treasure in northeast Indiana. This unique area provides you with the opportunity to see grassland, marsh, lake and upland habitats. In an attempt to help preserve the sensitive area, the Pisgah Marsh Boardwalk and Golden Eagle Deck was constructed in Area 1 to provide access to the property.
- Area 1: Pisgah Marsh Wildlife Diversity Area
Access to Area 1 is limited to the boardwalk ONLY. ADA-approved parking and restrooms available. Bus parking is available in Lot B. Please park in designated parking areas and stay on the boardwalk (see map).
Please do not disturb or feed the wildlife. Pets, alcohol, bicycles, roller blades and skateboards are not allowed on the boardwalk.
- Hunting, fishing and collection of any species is strictly prohibited in this area. Property closed sunset to sunrise except by permit.
- Area 2 and Area 3
Limited access is allowed on Area 2 and Area 3. Please ask for details at Tri-County headquarters.
Durham Lake area
The Durham Lake Area is open to fishing and hunting. Special rules and regulations may exist. Contact Tri-County FWA for details. Primary species for fishing include largemouth bass and bluegill. Small boat access available. No gas motors permitted. Special size and bag limits exist for largemouth bass. All other species size and bag limits apply.
Hunting opportunities for woodland game, upland game, waterfowl and furbearers are available. All hunting seasons and bag limits apply.
Please be courteous to neighboring landowners.
Look for property boundary and safety zone signs.
Do not trespass on private property.
NO Camping and NO Swimming Allowed.
A record of Fish & Wildlife Area property rules can be found on the Indiana Fish & Wildlife Area Rules webpage. Property specific rules can be found below, if applicable. Contact the property directly for specific questions.