Homestead Verification Form
Individuals and married couples are limited to one homestead standard deduction. As the receipt of this deduction becomes more beneficial, there is more incentive than ever for homestead fraud. Homestead fraud causes higher tax bills for all; therefore, House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1344-2009 requires taxpayers who receive the homestead standard deduction to verify that they are eligible to receive the benefit and to provide additional identifying information necessary to allow county government to better monitor homestead filings. This information will be kept confidential and can only be accessed by authorized county officials. The Department of Local Government Finance will use this information to create tools that will help county officials eliminate homestead fraud.
TO VERIFY IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A HOMESTEAD VERIFICATION FORM OR NEED TO REQUEST A FORM, CONTACT YOUR COUNTY AUDITOR.
- Updated Homestead Database Submission Procedures - November 9, 2010
- Homestead Database
- Database only for use by authorized county personnel for purposes of inputting homestead verification data and is not a public look-up tool.
- County personnel may submit requests for authorized usernames and passwords to email@example.com.
- Design Specs
- Acknowledgement of Responsibility for Counties
- Acknowledgement of Responsibility for Third Parties
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability