Fireworks Permit Application
The permits applied for using this service are valid from January 1 through December 31.
- If you are applying for a permit at a location that has previously been used for fireworks, but not by your company, please call 317-232-1407 before applying online.
- If you are ready to apply online, have the following information ready:
- Information about the fireworks seller.
- Information about location of the fireworks store.
- Fireworks seller contact information.
- Inspection date requested and operating hours (as applicable).
- Note: If you sell consumer fireworks at retail in Indiana, you will be required to collect retail sales tax (7% of gross retail income) and the Fireworks Public Safety Fee (5% of gross retail income). Once your fireworks permit is issued, you will automatically be registered to collect the public safety fee. If you have not registered your location for retail sales tax, start the process. If you have any questions, please call 317-232-2222.
- Keep all the information at hand when filing. If the web application times you out, you will have to re-type all the information.
- If you have questions regarding the fireworks permits, please contact IDHS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will have to pay instant access and credit card fees besides the normal fees to use this service.
- Apply for all permits at the same time to avoid repeated fees.
If ready to file, click the link below to start the application process.
Note: When completing an online application, please use browsers Chrome or Edge; other browsers may experience issues. Also, in accordance with the state's goal to modernize and offer better customer service to Hoosiers, you are encouraged to apply online and not by paper.