Close Menu

Application for Unlicensed Registered Child Care Ministries

Note: Effective July 1, 2018, annual registrations are no longer required per state statute. Registrations are required every two years. However, annual inspections by the state fire marshal staff within the Division of Fire and Building Safety are still required.

If applying for a new unlicensed registered child care ministry, please contact Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) directly.

Before beginning a new request for inspection and applying for renewal of an unlicensed child care ministry, assemble the following:

  • Credit card to pay fee (as applicable)
  • Information about the facility (physical/mailing address, e-mail address, name of director, phone number)
  • Owner and contact person
  • Room list of the facility

When Ready to Apply or Make a Request

For first-time operators: Complete the paper application form and submit the form and associated materials (room list, payment) to childcare&ministries@dhs.in.gov. Alternatively, you can fax them to 317-233-0307.

For operators whose facility is already in the system: Complete the process online.

Please send any questions to childcare&ministries@dhs.in.gov.