IFC Chapter 31, 2014 Ed. - Tents and Other Membrane Structures
The presentations listed below were created by the Division of Fire and Building Safety to help event coordinators, vendors and code enforcement officials understand the requirements of Chapter 31 in the 2014 edition of the Indiana Fire Code. Each link below will take you to the subject you wish to study. For best viewing, use "Slide Show" mode.
- Intro, General Overview, Definitions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Section 1: The Elimination of Canopies
- Section 2: The “Scope” and how it effects Chapter 31
- Section 3: Cooking
- Section 4: Merchandise Display
- Section 5: Anchorage Required
- Section 6: Compound Scenarios
- Section 7: Flame Propagation Performance Treatment and Smoking
- Section 8: Seating Arrangements and Means of Egress
- Section 9: Separation of Generators
- Section 10: Exit Signs and Means of Egress
- Section 11: Use Period
- Section 12: Location
- Appendix A - Staking Analysis: vertical vs. "at an angle."
If you have questions, please contact the Division of Fire and Building Safety at (317) 232-2222.