Remodel or Addition
For an Existing Project
For an Addition Project
Construction Design Release Application
(Complete and upload pdf of signed hard copy with drawing(s) when filing online.)
What are the drawings required for filing?
- Site plan showing dimensioned location of building to all property lines and to all existing buildings on the property, as well as width of any streets, access roadways or easements bordering the property.
- Foundation and basement plans and details.
- Dimensioned floor plans for all floors.
- Fire and life safety plan showing graphically or by legend the location and rating of building elements such as area separation walls, smoke barriers, fire-resistive corridor walls, stair enclosures, shaft enclosures and horizontal exists.
- Wall elevations of all exterior walls including adjacent ground elevation.
- Sections and details of walls, floors and roof, showing dimensions, materials.
- Structural plans and elevations showing size and location of all members, truss designs showing all connection details and stress calculations.
- Room finish schedule showing finishes for walls, ceilings and floors in all rooms, stairways, hallways and corridors.
- Door schedule showing material, size, thickness and fire-resistive rating for all doors.
- Electrical plans, diagrams, details and grounding of service entrance and power or lighting information required for energy conservation.
- Plumbing plans showing location of fixtures, risers, drains and piping isometrics.
- Mechanical plans showing location and size of ductwork, equipment, fire dampers, smoke dampers and equipment schedules showing capacity.
- Fire protection plans showing type of system, location of sprinkler heads, standpipes, hose connections, fire pumps, riser and hanger details.
- Energy Code Information - ComCheck (use version 2007 ASHRAW 90.1 or 2009 IECC, both with most recent software of 4.0 or newer) or equivalent.
What is the cost of filing?
Would you like to expedite your project?
Note: The fee to expedite is $5,000.00 in addition to the required standard fees.
- File your project online and after a successful submission, send an email to the IDHS plan review staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your project be expedited. The email should include the project number assigned to your filing.
- For paper filing (mailed or walk-in) contact the plan review branch at email@example.com prior to submitting and request an expedited plan review. You will need to provide the project scope of work or work description to help determine if the proposed work can be expedited.
For general questions call 317-232-6422