For an Existing Project
File an addendum to an existing project: Addendum Application
To file a pool remodel, submit plans and details of all pool changes or alterations. Indicate scopes that are to be released.
For a New Project
Pools, spas and water attractions must have a design professional prepare and sign. Splash pads or spray pads with pools and zero-depth entry pools also require filing.
Swimming Pool Application
(Complete and upload pdf of signed hard copy with drawings when filing online.)
What are the Drawings required for a Pool Submittal?
- Site plan - dimension location of all pools to all property lines, buildings and other pools
- Sections and details
- Completed pool data information - see page two of application
- Schematics of proposed circulation and filtration systems
- Floor plan (deck and pool or pools)
- Safety features
What is the cost of filing?
- $75 filing fee
- Category E - swimming pools. The fee is $0.02 times the gross cubic feet.
- Fee Schedule - 675 IAC 12-3-2 Schedule of fees for site built construction
Would you like to expedite your project?
Note: The fee to expedite is $5,000.00 in addition to the required standard fees indicated above.
- File your project online and after a successful submission send an email to IDHS plan review staff at email@example.com and request that your project be expedited. The email should include the project number assigned to your filing.
- For paper filing (mailed or walk-in) contact the plan review branch prior to submitting and request an expedited plan review. You will need provide the project scope of work or work description to help determine if the proposed work can be expedited.
For general questions call 317-232-6422