Building - Class 1 Structures
A Class 1 Structure is any structure that is used or occupied by:
- the public
- three or more tenants
- site improvement that affects persons with disabilities
- storage facilities, tanks and dispensing equipment for flammable and combustible liquids or gases
For an Existing Project
For a New Project
To file a project electronically - NOTE: This is the PREFERRED Filing Method
What are the drawings required for a Class 1 Structure submittal?
- Site plan showing dimensioned location of building to all property lines and to all existing buildings on the property, as well as width of any streets, access roadways or easements bordering the property
- Foundation and basement plans and details
- Dimensioned floor plans for all floors
- Fire and life safety plan showing graphically or by legend the location and rating of building elements such as area separation walls, smoke barriers, fire-resistive corridor walls, stair enclosures, shaft enclosures and horizontal exists
- Wall elevations of all exterior walls including adjacent ground elevation
- Sections and details of walls, floors and roof, showing dimensions, materials
- Structural plans and elevations showing size and location of all members, truss designs showing all connection details and stress calculations
- Room finish schedule showing finishes for walls, ceilings and floors in all rooms, stairways, hallways and corridors
- Door schedule showing material, size, thickness and fire-resistive rating for all doors
- Electrical plans, diagrams, details and grounding of service entrance and power or lighting information required for energy conservation
- Plumbing plans showing location of fixtures, risers, drains, and piping isometrics
- Mechanical plans showing location and size of ductwork, equipment, fire dampers, smoke dampers and equipment schedules showing capacity
- Fire protection plans showing type of system, location of sprinkler heads, standpipes, hose connections, fire pumps, riser and hanger details
- Energy Code Information - ComCheck or Equivalent
Would you like to secure an Early Foundation Release?
- Request foundation at the time of submittal of project
- Pay $80 fee in addition to all other fees due
- Foundation released within 48 hours of receipt
What is the cost of filing?
Would you like to expedite your project?
Note: The fee to expedite is $5,000.00 in addition to the required standard fees.
- File your project online and after a successful submission send an email to the IDHS plan review staff at email@example.com and request that your project be expedited. The email should include the project number assigned to your filing.
- For paper filing – (mailed in or walk in) contact the plan review branch prior to submitting and request an expedited plan review. You will need provide the project scope of work or work description to help determine if the proposed work can be expedited.
File a Hard Copy of Application
For general questions, call 317-232-6422.