April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. This occasion provides advocates across the state a chance to raise awareness of community efforts to stop child abuse and neglect.
Click here for an interactive guide to Child Abuse Prevention Month 2021 events in communities around the state.
Click here for a Pinwheel Coloring Sheet, courtesy of Prevent Child Abuse America.
How can you help prevent abuse and neglect?
- If you suspect abuse or neglect, please call the Indiana Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 1-800- 800-5556.
- Reach out to parents that you know and offer a hand or emotional support.
- Volunteer time to programs that help parents.
- Let all of the children in your life know that that they can depend on you.
- Advocate for community services to help families.
- Consider becoming a foster parent by visiting our website.
For more information and resources on preventing child abuse and neglect, click here.