The Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS) licenses foster family homes, licensed child placing agencies, child caring institutions, group homes and private secure facilities.
If you are interested in becoming a licensed provider, please view the Becoming a Licensed Provider page.
If you are a parent or placing agency and wish to find additional information regarding current licensure status of a provider, please contact the DCS Residential Licensing Unit at the Residential Licensing Email Box .
General Information about Licensing
Resources for Family Case Managers (FCMs) and Probation Officers (POs)
- Emergency Shelter Care Map
- Programs for Sexually Harmful Children and Young Adults Map
- Substance Use Disorder Programs Map
Licensed Agencies & Facilities
- Agencies currently licensed:
- Background Checks
- Plan of Correction (POC) Process Maps
- Policies and Forms
- Application for Private Secure Facility, Child Caring Institution, or Group Home Waiver/Variance (SF 57073)
- DCS Residential Facility Compliance
- Chapter 17 Residential Licensing Policies (coming soon!)
- Medical Passport
- Request for Administrative Hearing - Residential License Denial or Revocation (SF 57115)
- Rates/Fiscal Information
- Service Standards
- Vendor Profile Attachments
- Vendor Profile Attachments Provider Quick Start Guide (updated January 2020)