Deadline - Friday, August 21, 2020 at 12:00pm (EDT)
The application for the January 2021 vacancy on the St. Joseph Superior Court is available below. Please direct any questions about the application process to Michelle Shorter, firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-232-2546.
Candidates should prepare their application materials to be submitted electronically through the Indiana Courts Portal using the "Upload a document feature." If you are not sure how to sign in, see the help topic on signing in or creating an account.
Please sign into the portal well in advance of submitting your application in case you need assistance with your login or password. Do not wait until the final submission day to sign into the portal.
To prepare your application, follow the application checklist and complete the two forms below.
Directions for uploading application
To apply for the position, you should submit four files through the Indiana Courts Portal using the "Upload a document" feature. Files must not exceed 15mb in size.
Sign into the Indiana Courts Portal at portal.courts.in.gov. From the dashboard, in the section labeled "My Tools & Settings" click "Upload a document."
1 - Application for St. Joseph Superior Court & Statement of Consent
- The Statement of Consent in the application requires a signature. Once completed and signed, prepare a PDF version.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph Superior JNC Aug 2020 - Application for the Superior Court"
2 - Statement of Economic Interest
- The Statement of Economic Interest may require additional pages. Combine the completed form and additional pages into a single PDF file.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph Superior JNC Aug 2020 - Statement of Economic Interest (SEI)"
3 - Supplemental materials (outlined in the checklist above)
- Combine additional materials to submit with your application into a single PDF file. If the file exceeds 15mb, try compressing it or splitting into multiple parts.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph Superior JNC Aug 2020 - Attachment to Application for the Superior Court"
4 - Current photograph
- Make sure your photograph has a resolution of at least 300dpi and is saved in JPG format
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph Superior JNC Aug 2020 - Photo for Application for the Superior Court"
Additional instructions for preparing and uploading documents may be found at the Portal help website.
Letters of Recommendation
The St. Joseph County Judicial Nominating Commission will consider on behalf of each applicant a reasonable number of letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation may be sent to email@example.com. (Judges and other judicial officers are allowed under the Code of Judicial Conduct to write letters of recommendation on behalf of candidates on the basis of personal knowledge of the candidates' qualifications.)
Letters sent to individual Commission members will be distributed to all other members.
Letters of recommendation must be received by Friday, August 21, 2020 at 12:00pm (EDT).