Application materials and letters of recommendation are due Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. (Eastern)
The application for Judge Hostetler's vacancy on the St. Joseph Superior Court is available below. Please direct any questions about the application process to Dave Kuhnz, email@example.com or 317-233-3018.
Candidates should prepare their application materials to be submitted electronically through the Indiana Courts Portal using the "Upload a document feature." If you are not sure how to sign in, see the help topic on signing in or creating an account.
Please sign into the portal well in advance of submitting your application in case you need assistance with your login or password. Do not wait until the final submission day to sign into the portal.
To prepare your application, follow the directions and complete the three forms below.
Directions for uploading application
To apply for the position, you should submit five files through the Indiana Courts Portal using the "Upload a document" feature. Files must not exceed 15mb in size.
Sign into the Indiana Courts Portal at portal.courts.in.gov. From the dashboard, in the section labeled "My Tools & Settings" click "Upload a document."
1 - Application for St. Joseph Superior Court
- Once completed, save as a PDF. Do not print and scan this document.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph JNC 2021 Hostetler - Application"
2 - Waiver, Release & Consent
- The Waiver, Release & Consent requires a signature. Once completed and signed, prepare a scanned PDF.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph JNC 2021 Hostetler - Waiver"
3 - Statement of Economic Interest
- The Statement of Economic Interest may require additional pages. Combine the completed form and additional pages into a single PDF file.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph JNC 2021 Hostetler - SEI"
4 - Supplemental materials
- Combine the following materials into a single PDF file. If the file exceeds 15mb, try compressing it or splitting into multiple parts.
- Personal statement (500 words or less) with the reasons why you should be selected to this judgeship
- If applicable, a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from active military duty (“DD Form 214”) identified in Question 4b
- Transcript from each school named in Question 5a
- One writing sample identified in Question 8
- Statement from your physician within the last year describing your general physical condition identified in Question 12
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph JNC 2021 Hostetler - Attachment"
5 - Current photograph
- Make sure your photograph has a resolution of at least 300dpi, is 5 x 7 inches, and is saved in JPG format.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "St. Joseph JNC 2021 Hostetler - Photo"
Additional instructions for preparing and uploading documents may be found at the Portal help website.
Letters of Recommendation
The St. Joseph County Judicial Nominating Commission will consider on behalf of each applicant a reasonable number of letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be sent by the deadline above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Judges and other judicial officers are not prohibited under the Code of Judicial Conduct from writing on behalf of candidates on the basis of personal knowledge of the candidates' qualifications.
Letters sent to individual Commission members will be distributed to all other members.