Application materials and letters of recommendation are due Monday, April 25, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (Eastern)
The application for Judge Hawkins' vacancy on the Marion Superior Court is available below. It is for a Democratic vacancy. Please direct any questions about the application process to Dave Kuhnz, email@example.com or 317-233-3018.
To be eligible to serve on the Marion County Superior Court an applicant must be a resident of Marion County (at the time of the application and throughout the term of office) and be an attorney admitted to the bar of Indiana for at least five years. The qualifications the Committee must consider are found at Indiana Code section 33-33-49-13.4.
Candidates should prepare their application materials to be submitted electronically through the Indiana Courts Portal using the "Upload a document" feature. If you are not sure how to sign in, see the help topic on signing in or creating an account.
Please sign into the portal well in advance of submitting your application in case you need assistance with your login or password. Do not wait until the final submission day to sign into the portal.
To prepare your application, follow the directions and complete the three forms below.
Directions for uploading application
To apply for the position, you should submit five files through the Indiana Courts Portal using the "Upload a document" feature. Files must not exceed 15mb in size.
Sign into the Indiana Courts Portal at portal.courts.in.gov. From the dashboard, in the section labeled "My Tools & Settings" click "Upload a document."
1 - Application for Marion Superior Court
- Once completed, save as a PDF. Do not print and scan this document.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "Marion JSC 2022 Hawkins - Application"
2 - Waiver, Release & Consent
- The Waiver, Release & Consent requires a signature. Once completed and signed, prepare a scanned PDF.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "Marion JSC 2022 Hawkins - Waiver"
3 - Statement of Economic Interest
- The Statement of Economic Interest may require additional pages. Combine the completed form and additional pages into a single PDF file.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "Marion JSC 2022 Hawkins - SEI"
4 - Supplemental materials
- Combine into a single PDF file up to two writing samples identified in Question 5b. If the file exceeds 15mb, try compressing it or splitting into multiple parts.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "Marion JSC 2022 Hawkins - Attachment"
5 - Current photograph
- Make sure your photograph has a resolution of at least 300dpi, is 5 x 7 inches, and is saved in JPG format.
- From the Secure Document Uploader, select the document type "Marion JSC 2022 Hawkins - Photo"
Additional instructions for preparing and uploading documents may be found at the Portal help website.
Letters of Recommendation
The Marion County Judicial Selection Committee will consider on behalf of each applicant a reasonable number of letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be sent by the deadline above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Judges and other judicial officers are not prohibited under the Code of Judicial Conduct from writing on behalf of candidates on the basis of personal knowledge of the candidates' qualifications.
Letters sent to individual Commission members will be distributed to all other members.