The Lake County Judicial Nominating Commission is selecting a new superior court judge. A vacancy in will occur in Criminal Division, Room 2 on January 1, 2021, when Judge Clarence Murray retires.
(December 14, 2020 Governor's press release)
(October 22, 2020 press release)
(September 24, 2020 press release)
(August 31, 2020 press release)
(August 31, 2020)
Membership of the Lake County Judicial Nominating Commission is outlined in IC 33-33-45-28. The Commission is chaired by a Supreme Court Justice and includes four members who are lawyers and four members who are not lawyers.
- Hon. Geoffrey G. Slaughter, Chair - Indiana Supreme Court
- Michelle Aurelio
- Brandy Darling - Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Lake County Prosecutor
- David Gladish - Law Offices of David Gladish
- Aimbrell Holmes
- Robert Morgan
- Shelice Tolbert - Tolbert & Tolbert
- David Westland* - Westland & Bennett
- Kelly Williams
* David Westland is not participating in any activities to fill this vacancy because he is married to an applicant for the position.
Requests for records pertaining to this vacancy, subject to limitations in Ind. Code 33-33-45-36, may be requested by completing a public records request.