The Indiana Criminal Justice Institute (ICJI) is the State planning agency for criminal justice, juvenile justice, traffic safety and victim services. ICJI is designated as the State Administering Agency for distribution of federal funds, and as the State Statistical Analysis Center for research.
Further, ICJI is responsible for coordinating and collaborating with local, state and federal entities to identify, assess, plan, resource and evaluate new and emerging issues facing the criminal justice and public safety spectrum. ICJI works with local, state, and federal entities to evaluate programs associated with: prevention, detection & solution of crimes; law enforcement and criminal/juvenile justice, in an effort to improve and coordinate all aspects of law enforcement and criminal/juvenile justice.
In addition, ICJI works to develop new methods for the prevention & reduction of crime, while stimulating research & compiling and analyzing information/data for dissemination to decision makers.
Board of Trustees
The ICJI Board of Trustees will meet on Friday, March 6, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. (ET) in the Indiana State Library (Author’s room 203). Click here for additional details.
The following list includes the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute Board of Trustees.
- Troy Bacon- Frankfort Police Department
- John Boyd - LaPorte County Sheriff
- Doug Carter - Superintendent, Indiana State Police
- Rob Carter - Commissioner, Indiana Department of Correction
- Bernice Corley - Executive Director, Indiana Public Defender Council
- Darrin Dolehanty – Judge, Wayne Superior Court
- Justin Forkner – Chief Administrative Officer of the Indiana Supreme Court
- Curtis Hill - Office of Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill
- Rebecca Humphrey - Tippecanoe County Youth Services
- Sam Hyer - Office of Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb
- Cory Martin – Executive Director, Indiana State Police Alliance
- Wendy McNamara - Indiana State Representative
- Jim Merritt – Indiana State Senator
- Chris Naylor - Executive Director, Indiana Prosecuting Attorneys Council
- Stephen Owens – State Public Defender
- Mark Stuaan - Partner, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- AmyMarie Travis – Judge, Jackson County Superior Court
- Andrea Trevino – Judge, Allen Superior Court
Click here to view the ICJI Board of Trustees electronic meeting policy.