Close Menu

How to Update my Information

Address Change

  • Updating Your Address?

    The BMV maintains two addresses for each customer record: a residential and a mailing address. Your driver’s license, learner’s permit or identification card has your residential address printed on the front of the card. Your residential address is also printed on your vehicle registration(s), which you renew each year. Your mailing address is the location the BMV uses to send correspondence when requested.

    If you have moved recently and you hold an Indiana credential and/or vehicle registration, you need to visit a BMV branch to amend your residential address within 30 days of the change.

    Amending your credential’s residential address, which includes the street, city, county, or township does not affect the expiration date of your credential or vehicle registration(s).

    You cannot update your residential address using BMV online services. You must visit a BMV branch with proof of residence when updating and renewing or amending your credential.

  • What Do I Need to Update My Residential Address?

    To amend your residential address, you must visit a BMV branch with two documents proving Indiana residency. Proof of Indiana residency can include documents such as a lease, monthly banking, credit card, mortgage statements, utility bills or similar documentation that is generated on digitally printed organizational letterhead. This documentation must be dated within 60 days of your visit to the BMV. For a complete list of acceptable documents, visit the approved documentation section.

  • What Do I Need to Update My Mailing Address?

    You can update by logging into your myBMV.com account. However, updating this address will not update the address that is printed on your credential.

Name, Date of Birth or Gender Changes

For any change to your name, date of birth or gender, refer to the requirement list outlined on the “Proving A Change In Name, Date Of Birth, Or Gender” section to update your driver’s license, learner’s permit, or identification card.

Proving Your Identity