LICENSE PLATE STICKERS AND FRAMES
License Plate Display Requirements
Illegal license plate frame
License plates, including temporary license plates issued by the BMV, must be displayed as follows:
- On the rear of the vehicle
- With all text, numbers,and stickers fully visible and not obstructed or obscured by any part of the vehicle or other foreign materials, such as plate frames or covers
- Securely fastened in a horizontal position at a height of at least 12 inches from the ground, measuring form the bottom of the license plate
A tractor, dump truck, or a truck with a rear-mounted forklift or a mechanism to carry a rear-mounted forklift or implement must display a license plate on the front of the vehicle.
An interim license plate issued or used by a dealer or manufacturer must be displayed on the rear of the vehicle or affixed on the left side of a window that is facing the rear of the motor vehicle and is clearly visible and unobstructed.
Sticker Display Requirements
Correct plate sticker placement
Your Indiana license plate should have three stickers:
- An indicator/sticker in the top right-hand corner showing the year in which your registration expires and must be renewed.
- An indicator/sticker in the top left-hand corner showing the month and day on which your registration expires and must be renewed.
- An indicator/sticker in the bottom right-hand corner showing the county in which your vehicle is registered.