What is Hoosier S.T.A.R.T.?
- An Introductions for local government employees
- Employees have consistently ranked employer-sponsored retirement plans as one of the most complex and intimidating workplace benefits.
- Here’s what we commonly hear
- Unfamiliar language and plan rules can be confusing
- A multitude of investment options with varying performance and fees can be frustrating.
- It sometimes feels like financial professionals pay more attention to people who already have a nest egg. The State of Indiana’s Hoosier S.T.A.R.T. Deferred Compensation Plan was designed to help address these retirement challenges.
Here’s how we can help By eliminating unnecessary rules and restrictions, we’ve made participating east for both employees and employer. By providing a sensible menu of diverse, low-cost investment options, we’ve simplified the selection process for do-it-yourselfers while giving those seeking investment advice or guidance a variety of helpful options. In a bold move, we’ve issued independent contracts to professionals who help us ensure that every Hoosier public employee has access to a retirement plan that’s designed, monitored and serviced in their best interests.
- If you’re anxious about how you or your employees will afford retirement, you’re not alone. Maybe you don’t have a deferred compensation plan and wonder if your pension and Social Security will be enough? Maybe you already offer a deferred compensation plan and are just curious if participation and utilization could be better?
- Indiana is one of a handful of states that invited local government employers to participate in the state’s deferred compensation plan. So we welcome you to take a fresh look at Hoosier S.T.A.R.T.—because it’s not just another retirement plan, it’s a retirement plan custom built for you!