The Payroll Department issues the payroll to approximately 30,000 state employees by electronic funds transfer (direct deposit) or Purchase Cards. This department works with all state agencies to ensure all state employees are paid timely and accurately. The Department also handles garnishments, employment verifications and issues W-2s to state employees each year.
- RFP 19-105: Modernize the Human Resources and Payroll Business Processes and Technologies (CLOSED)
- RFP 19-105: Recommendation & Winning Proposal (downloadable)
- RFS 19-018 Process and Requirements Definition/CLOSED
- RFS 19-018 - Final
- RFS 19-018 Attachment A - Final
- RFS 19-018 Attachment B - Final
- RFS 19-018 Award Recommendation
- RFP 19-105 Implementation Services (CLOSED)
- RFP 19-105 Implementation Services Project Award Letter
- Implementation Services Contract/Accenture
- RFS IV&V Services for HCM/Payroll Implementation (CLOSED)
- RFS IV&V Services for HCM/Payroll Implementation Project Award Letter
- IV&V Services Contract/PCG
State Payroll Modernization Project
The Auditor of State’s Office is currently working alongside several agencies to modernize and transform our business processes, technology, and services supporting the state payroll system, which is expected to drive significant benefits. Together with the State Budget Agency and Indiana Office of Technology, we are guiding the future of the State Payroll solution to bring meaningful change to state operations.
Due to the size, complexity, and potential impact, the project will be executed as two major initiatives: define future state business processes, solutions, and implementation services, and then implement. What’s Next?
- In April, focus groups will be created and begin reviewing major business processes impacted by the modernization project.
- Train-the-Trainer (TTT) participants will be selected and confirmed in April and begin working on best practices in May.
- Training is scheduled to be delivered in July and August for agencies with the full support and availability of the project team for assistance.
- Go-Live is targeted for late August or early September. Have questions?
Email the team at NewPayrollHR@iot.in.gov to get answers!