The Office of the Indiana Attorney General is committed to diversity and fostering a workplace of people from different backgrounds, ideas and cultures. The office has made a concerted effort to increase the number of minority attorneys through various initiatives, such as the following recruitment efforts:
- Gateway to Diversity Program sponsored by the Indiana Conference for Legal Education Opportunity (ICLEO)
- The National Black Prosecutors Association Conference Job Fair
- The Cook County Bar Association Minority Law Student Job Fair
- The Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair
- The Tri-State Diversity Recruiting Program
- The National Black Law Students Association Minority Recruitment Conference (Midwest Region)
- Howard University School of Law
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law
The Office of the Indiana Attorney General strives to provide the best legal representation we can. Increasing the diversity of our workforce improves our ability to communicate with everyone related to the work we do. We are aggressively working to increase minority attorney representation each day.
The office continues to work with the Indiana Conference for Legal Education Opportunity (ICLEO), which assists minority, low-income and educationally disadvantaged college graduates in pursuing law degrees at law schools in the State of Indiana. The Attorney General's Office is proud to have a number of former ICLEO students in our office.