Regional Initiative Grants
About the Program
The Regional Initiative Grant (RIG) program provides funding to ensure all Indiana citizens have access to quality arts and cultural activities. Regional Initiative Grants are managed through the Regional Arts Partners.
Arts Project Support (APS)
APS grants provide funding to Indiana arts and non-arts organizations to support a distinct aspect of the organization’s arts activities, such as a one-time event; a single production; an exhibition; an educational seminar; or series of related arts activities, such as art classes or training sessions.
Arts Organization Support (AOS)
AOS grants provide annual operating support for the ongoing artistic and administrative functions of eligible arts organizations that align with the Indiana Arts Commission’s Public Funding Imperatives.
The difference between Arts Organization Support I and II depends on organization budget size. To find out which category you should apply in please contact your Regional Arts Partner.
- It is important to note that AOSII is on a two-year application cycle (FY18-19). In FY19, applications are available for AOSI only.
Who's eligible to apply?
General eligibility requirements:
(Overall requirements slightly vary by region. Requirements also vary by project/organization support. Please review program guidelines and contact your Regional Arts Partner with any questions)
- Must be a private, nonprofit, tax-exempt agency, 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) OR an Indiana public entity (part of city, county, or state government);
- Must be physically located in Indiana, have an address in the region to which the organization is applying, with the majority of its arts programming, services, or activities taking place in Indiana, and must primarily serve and engage Indiana audiences and participants;
- Must be incorporated in the State of Indiana;
- Must not have any outstanding Final Grant Reports due to the Indiana Arts Commission or the Regional Arts Partner; and,
- Must have a governing body that is representative of the organization’s service area.
An organization may apply for only one Regional Initiative Grant (APS, AOSI, or AOSII) in the same fiscal year.
Ready to apply?
This grant will begin accepting applications again in the fall/winter 2018.
Are you a current grant recipient?
Here are some helpful links.
- FY2018 Guidelines
- FY2019 Guidelines
- Grant Modification Form PDF Version -- Word Version
- Logos and credit requirements
- Public official thank you letters
- Complete your Final Grant Report
Didn't find what you were looking for? Please contact your Regional Arts Partner for more information.