About the Program
On-Ramp is an accelerator for Indiana creative entrepreneurs built for artists who are looking to rev up their business thinking, whether they are starting something new, looking to deepen their business understanding or at a professional crossroads. On-Ramp gives participants new connections, a plan, coaching, and access to special funds to make it happen.
- The Course: A three-day intensive business skills and entrepreneurship training course.
- The Certificate: Proof to investors that you're ready to make things happen.
- The Coaching: One-on-one coaching with an arts business pro.
The On-Ramp Fellowship is a pilot funding opportunity to take what you've just learned in the On-Ramp Creative Entrepreneur Course and put it to use for your career development. Request up to $2,000 for a project during the fellowship period. This fellowship is open to folks who hold the Creative Entrepreneur Course Certificate of Completion.
Who should apply?
- Artists with up to 3 years of experience. Still getting your bearings after graduating? You’ll learn the business concepts to become familiar with as you develop your sustaining work as an artist. You might flesh out an idea you have cooking, or find new ways to get support in Indiana. You'll meet people who are energetic, who have been through this before, and who you can call on for years to come.
- Artists with 3-7 years of work. You've been doing this with any level of success now for a few years. How can you amp up what you've got going? You'll learn how to be more strategic with your work. You might identify something specific to move the needle in your success. Sharing your experience will be helpful for other people in the room, and you may make a connection for collaboration or mentoring.
If you have more than seven years of experience under your belt you may find this program covers much of what you already know. Check out the Individual Advancement Program for career development support for artists, or contact us if you'd like to talk through your specific questions.
Need to make a change to your project? Contact program manager Anna Tragesser at atragesser@iac.IN.gov or call (317) 232-1281.
Applications for this program were accepted through 1/17/19, 4:30 p.m. eastern time.