About the Program
As stated in its strategic plan, the Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) believes that cultural vibrancy attracts and drives economic activity in the state and as such the IAC is committed to supporting a deeper understanding and integration of the arts by and in communities.
Experienced creative consultants come alongside selected communities to help move the process forward. The journey is documented and lessons learned are shared with peer communities around the state.
Consultancies have included:
- Cultural district development
- Art center and housing development
- Cultural trail development
- Community arts partnerships with other sectors
- Our downtown offers lots of cultural arts, Noblesville (2012 consultancy)
- Nashville Arts and Entertainment District recognized by the state (2012, 2014, 2017 consultancy)
- Consultancies funded by the IAC
Interested in applying for a consultancy?
Did you attend the Community Canvas Workshop? Check out this new opportunity!
The Labyrinth Workshop provides access to and experienced leadership from a true field expert who will guide participants through a process of developing and creating a temporary public art. Throughout the process, issues and topics related to public art and the needs of your community will be addressed. The goal of this opportunity is to deepen understanding and appreciation of the role art and artists can play in communities, and to demonstrate the power of group process and team building to solve problems and achieve successful outcomes.