Arts in the Parks and Historic Sites
About the Program
Arts in the Parks and Historic Sites is a grant program that provides funding for arts program related projects that encourage the creation of and public engagement with art about the Indiana state park/forest system and historic sites. To get funded, the proposed project must be connected to the site (highlight its historical significance, etc.).
Who's eligible to apply?
Individuals and organizations may apply to the Arts in the Parks and Historic Sites grant program.
Individuals wishing to apply:
- Must be 18 years or older;
- Must be currently living in Indiana and for one year immediately preceding the date of application;
- Must be and remain an Indiana resident during the grant period.
Organizations wishing to apply:
- Must be a private, nonprofit, tax-exempt agency, 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) OR an Indiana public entity (part of city, county, or state government);
- Must be incorporated in the State of Indiana at the time of application;
- Must have an Indiana address;
- Must have a governing body that is representative of the organization’s service area; and,
- Must not have any outstanding Final Grant Reports due to the IAC or a Regional Arts Partner.
An eligible tax-exempt organization may act as a fiscal sponsor/agent for an organization that has not secured their federal tax-exempt status.
Ready to apply?
Applications for this program are accepted in summer-fall every year.
Are you a current grant recipient?
Here are some helpful links.
- 2019 program guidelines
- 2018 program guidelines
- Need to make changes to what you proposed? Contact the program manager.
- Logos and credit requirements
- Public official thank you letters
- Complete your Final Grant Report
- Contacts for the Department of Natural Resources
- Contacts for State Historic Sites
Didn't find what you were looking for? Contact program manager Anna Tragesser at atragesser@iac.IN.gov or call (317) 232-1281.