Arts in the Parks and Historic Sites
About the Program
Arts in the Parks and Historic Sites is a grant program that provides funding for arts program related projects that encourage the creation of and public engagement with art about the Indiana state park/forest system and historic sites (map of participating sites).To get funded, the proposed project must be connected to the site (highlight its historical significance, etc.).
It's important that you download and read the grant guidelines. Save these guidelines for your own records and to refer back to during the application/grant process.
|Grant Period||January 1–December 31, 2020|
|Application Deadline (Organizations)||September 5, 2019 at 4:30 PM|
|Application Deadline (Individuals)||September 12, 2019 at 4:30 PM|
|Review Panel||Week of October 28, 2019 (details TBD)|
|Awards Announcement||Week of December 9, 2019|
|First Payment (75%)||February - April 2020|
|Final Grant Report Due (Organizations)||January 12, 2021 at 4:30 PM|
|Final Grant Report Due (Individuals)||January 14, 2021 at 4:30 PM|
|Second Payment (25%)||Up to 60 days after the final grant report is approved|
|All times eastern|
Planning your project
- Examples of past projects (organizations) (individuals)
- Advice from past grant recipients
- Tips for a strong partnership with site staff
- Marketing Guidelines
- Contacts for the Department of Natural Resources
- Contacts for State Historic Sites
All applications will be reviewed by a trained panel of professionals and peers from around the state. These panel meetings will take place entirely online at the information listed in the schedule, and are open to the public for observation only. Guests of panel review meetings may not lobby or address the panel on behalf of their applications before, during, or after the meeting. Applicants are encouraged to listen to their panel review, but not required.
As an IAC grant recipient you are expected to:
- Submit public official thank you letters
- Follow funding acknowledgement requirements
- Follow the IAC process for modifying a grant proposal (as needed)
- Submit your final grant report by the due date
In order to receive grant payment from the state you must agree to the following:
- Follow the Americans with Disability Acts (ADA) requirements
- Be aware of state contracting requirements
- Be aware of federal contracting requirements (for organizational grant recipients only)
- Follow public manifestation, fair labor, drug free workplace, and civic rights standards
Sometimes the best way to find what you're looking for is to just talk to someone. Get in touch with the Individual Advancement Program manager, Anna Tragesser, at email@example.com or call (317) 232-1281.
Are you a current grant recipient?