Serving as a grant panelist for the Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) is a means of making a valuable contribution to the arts in Indiana. All of our grant applications are reviewed individually by citizen panelists who then meet as a group in a recorded public panel meeting. At this convening, panelists discuss applications and finalize their individual scores for a specified group of applicants.
What you put into it
- Your expertise and advice for applicants
- Watching a 30 minute orientation webinar (it's fun, really!)
- Several hours of reading applications
- A few hours of discussion on panel day
- Your advice to us about how to make programs more effective
What you get out of it
- Being part of decision-making in state government
- Meeting your peers in Indiana who are also panelists
- Make new connections with artists, organizations, and colleagues
- Learn about clever ideas, innovative projects, and the folks making things happen
- Develop grant making skills
- Many, many thanks from the IAC
Interested in serving as a panelist?
Let us know by filing out this short form. We’ll be in touch if we have a placement for you.