The “Making Movies with Meaning Workshop” is a two hour documentary
filmmakers intensively created to help artist tell stories that are purpose
driven and designed to bring good into the world.
Taught by award winning documentary director/producer T.C. Johnstone,
the course will draw from his 12 years of experience in the industry
focusing on his recent work “Rising From Ashes” which has won over 12
film festivals and opens in theaters in July. T.C. will also share segments
from the award winning web series “BTS” created by Zacuto Productions
for the audience to get a real life picture of international documentary
Five Topic Overview
• The power of storytelling to make a difference in the world. How to think outside Hollywood entertainment.
• Finding a tale worth telling. How to find a great documentary story.
• The six stages of filmmaking: The idea, Development, Pre-production, Production, Post-Production, Marketing and Distribution.
• Filmmakers Tools and Technology: What tools do you need.
• How to find the motivation to finish. The power of creation and personal transformation.
Find things to do that are always free or are offering special deals.
Browse for special vacation packages and discounts.
Look for establishments offering coupons or discounts.
Check out which events have free admission or offer discounts.