Your holiday season will not be complete with out a trip to Fort Wayne, Indiana during the annual HolidayFest, a series of holiday events from November through January.
This year it all kicks off on November 21 with the Night of Lights, which includes the lighting of a special Santa Claus and Reindeer display downtown with Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry, followed by lighting of other displays downtown and a fireworks show! Hot cocoa, caroling and other special events will also take place that evening.
But the fun doesn’t stop here. HolidayFest events are ongoing through January and also include:
- Botanical Christmas: At the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory see Dr. Seuss’s Grinch, Santa Claus and live reindeer on Saturdays along with a Poincetta Showcase, Garden of Lights and Piñata Paradise.
- Festival of Trains: At Science Central see numerous model trains on display for children and adults to both enjoy.
- Holley Trolley Shopping Downtown: Take a free trolley ride to shop at a number of local shops downtown and enjoy special “pop-up” shops in vacant buildings and galleries.
- Festival of Trees: At the Embassy Theatre enjoy a gorgeous display of locally decorated Christmas trees.
- Festival of Gingerbread: See homemade gingerbread houses on display at the History Center.
- Lights of Love: Special lights display at Parkview Field, home to the Fort Wayne Tin Caps baseball team.
- Old Fashioned Fort Christmas: Enjoy Christmas traditions of yesteryear at Fort Wayne’s Old Fort, including reenactments and holiday food.
For information on more holiday events, along with dates, times and locations of the above events, visit the HolidayFest website and begin planning your visit to Fort Wayne during this special time of year! And, of course, Visit Fort Wayne will help with all the details from lodging, to restaurant guide and maps!