Super Bowl XLVI time has arrived! If you are in downtown Indianapolis, check out some of these great events happening today.
Habitat For Humanity Super Build 46
(Chase Near Eastside Legacy Center, 725 North Oriental Street)
Now until 2 pm NFL players, Habitat volunteers and Super Build 46 Partners will be working to build the walls of five of the 46 Super Build homes. Comments at 10 am with the following in attendance:
- Greg Ballard, Mayor
- Cheri Daniels, First Lady of Indiana
- Mark Miles, Chair, 2012 Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee Board
- Dr. Eugene White, Indianapolis Public Schools Superintendent
Rebuilding Together’s Kickoff to Rebuild (437 North State Avenue)
Now until Noon, Rebuilding Together Indianapolis will host the 17th annual NFL Kickoff to Rebuild event which unites hundreds of volunteers, sponsors, members of the NFL community and local leaders to help low-income homeowners and families live in safe and healthy homes. Event will be followed by a 12:30 pm press conference at Arsenal Technical High School Gym (1500 Michigan Avenue).
Rebuilding Together Indianapolis, an affiliate of Rebuilding Together, a national nonprofit dedicated to safe and healthy housing, along with primary sponsor Lowe’s, the NFL Player Care Foundation, NFL community members and players, Carter Oosterhouse of HGTV, teams of community volunteers and local businesses, are all investing their time and support to the Near Eastside community.
Super Bowl Village (Georgia Street and Capitol Avenue)
Open from 11 am – midnight. Attractions include: Tailgate Town (games & tournaments); Zipline ($10 a ride); Kinect NFL PLAY 60 FanDome; ESPN Broadcast Studio; The Huddle at Circle Centre; lights and pyrotechnics shows; Ice Gurus Randy Finch and Derek Maxfield from Food Network’s Ice Brigade creating ice sculptures; Super Dash; Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders; football field activities and unique street performers.
11:30 am DJ Limelight (Pepsi Stage, Meridian Street)
12:45 pm Blackberry Jam (Pepsi Stage)
2:00 pm Morris Day and the Time (Verizon Stage, Pennsylvania Street)
3:15 pm Bashiri Asad (Pepsi Stage)
4:30 pm En Vogue (Verizon Stage)
5:30 pm National Anthem performed by Colts Cheerleader and Color Guard by Indiana Army National Guard Color Guard
5:45 pm Gentleman Alphonse (Pepsi Stage)
7:00 pm Fitz & the Tantrums (Verizon Stage)
8:15 pm Holistic (Pepsi Stage)
9:00 pm Synchronized pyrotechnics, specialty lighting and video show (approximate time)
9:30 pm LMFAI (Verizon Stage)
NFL Alumni Player of the Year Awards Dinner
(Scottish Rite Cathedral, 650 North Meridian Street)
The 30th Annual Player of the Year Awards Show and dinner will honor today’s most outstanding players by position. Oscar nominee and Emmy-award winner Alec Baldwin will serve as host for the awards ceremony. Award nominees are hand-selected and voted on by retired NFL players. This event will bring together both active and retired players as well as celebrities. Red carpet arrival begins at 5:30 pm; Show starts at 7:45 pm.
Super Bowl Gospel Celebration (Clowes Memorial Hall, 4602 Sunset Boulevard)
In its 13th year, the Super Bowl Gospel Celebration is the only gospel event for Super Bowl weekend. This year it includes the NFL Choir, CeCe Winans as host, Natalie Grant, Donnie McClurkin and Hezekiah Walker. Since its inception, the event has drawn thousands, selling out venues and being named by USA Today as “One of the Best Three Super Bowl Events to Attend.” The event brings the NFL players and top gospel/contemporary Christian and mainstream artists together on one stage for uplifting music and inspirational messages. Show begins at 7:30 pm.
NFL Experience presented by GMC (Indiana Convention Center)
Produced by the National Football League, the NFL Experience presented by GMC is a pro football interactive theme park that offers participatory games, displays, entertainment attractions, kids’ football clinics, free autograph sessions and the largest football memorabilia show ever.
Tickets ($25 for adults, $20 for children 12 and under) are available by going to Ticketmaster.com, calling 1.866.849.4635, or visiting the NFL Experience presented by GMC box office at the Indiana Convention Center. Online purchase orders can also be printed from ticket kiosks onsite at the Indiana Convention Center. Tickets will go on sale one hour before opening daily. The NFL Experience is open from 3 pm to 10 pm.
Media Center Fan Gallery (JW Marriott – Media Center)
Fans will have free behind-the-scenes access to portions of the Media Center where NFL players, celebrities and other athletes interview along Radio Row. Free tickets available at NFL Shop inside the Indiana Convention Center. Available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday during peak hours. More information can be found at www.SuperBowl.com under the “Events” tab.
XLVI Roman Numerals Display (South half of Monument Circle)
The Huddle (Circle Centre Mall)
Entertainment and dining options available including LIDS Locker Room with a wide assortment of XLVI Super Bowl and NFL merchandise. Open 11 am – 12 am.
Parking and Traffic Information
- Now through Super Bowl Sunday, the south half of Monument Circle: the South Meridian spoke, and Market Street’s eastbound lane west of the monument.
- Missouri Street from McCarty Street to South Street is completely closed.
Avoid pinch points during afternoon rush hour by avoiding Capitol between Maryland and Washington, Maryland between Capitol and Pennsylvania, and Ohio between Delaware and Capitol.
- Enter the Super and Bowl routes as far north or south and east or west as possible to more efficiently detour around heavily congested areas.
- Visit indianapolissuperbowl.com and use the tools/maps.
- Don’t block the intersection.
- Allow extra travel time and please be patient.
- Find cabs at West Washington Street and Virginia Avenue between Pennsylvania and Delaware.
- Park and Ride garages at 327 North Illinois and 101 North New Jersey are available for $10 onsite on a first come basis. No shuttle space available, but they are within walking distance to Super Bowl activities.
- IUPUI Park and Ride: On Friday and Saturday, 4,000 parking spaces are available on the east side of the campus to park and shuttle to Super Bowl activities for $25 per space. Please note: Parking is available on Super Bowl Sunday for $25, but no shuttle service will be provided.
- State parking garages *Washington and West Streets & New York and Senate Streets) are available on Friday after 5 pm and all day Saturday.
Super Care Clinic (Union Station, 300 South Meridian, Suite #145)
A full-service urgent care visit center operated by a coalition of Indianapolis-area healthcare facilities. More details at IndySuperCare.org.
Additional information about the above can be found on the 2012 Indianapolis Host Committee website – IndianapolisSuperBowl.com.