The NFL lockout is over and the Indianapolis Colts have taken the field in preparation for the 2011 football season. But don’t go looking for the gridiron giants at Lucas Oil Stadium just yet. The Colts have set up pre-season training camp at Anderson University.
Training camp will continue through August 18. Times for daily practices vary. Admission to training camp is free, though there is at $10 charge per vehicle/$20 per bus to park at Anderson University.
In addition to catching the action on the field, Colts fans will want to check out Colts City, sponsored by the Indianapolis Star. Colts City will be open August 5-6, August 9-10 and August 16 and is also free of charge. Visitors to Colts City can expect to enjoy the following
- Colts interactive inflatables
- Colts sponsor booths
- Colts giveaways and register-to-win ticket opportunities
- Colts In Motion traveling museum
- Colts Express Retail Trailer
- Colts cheerleader autograph session
- Appearance by Blue, official mascot of the Indianapolis Colts
- Opportunities to learn about and support charities in the community
Free music concerts will add to the festivities on August 10 and August 16.
Anderson University offers these tips if you’re planning to head out to Colts Training Camp:
- Be prepared to walk (limited golf cart shuttles available for those with physical difficulties walking).
- Bleacher seating is available; lawn chairs are permitted.
- No ATM is available at training camp; not all vendors accept debit/credit cards.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Consider the weather before bringing very young children or medically frail individuals.
- Personal coolers, alcohol, smoking and bicycles are not permitted.