The Indiana Wine Trail in Southeast Indiana will host their annual Fall Haul Event on Saturday, November 6 and Sunday, November 7. Only this time, instead of pairing wine and food, the wine is part of the food.
They’ll be serving wine sauces, wine tapas, and even wine cake (sounds a little like Dr. Seuss there). The different wineries along the Indiana Wine Trail are using this event to showcase their wines through food tastings. But visitors along the trail will be able to get the recipes as well as special discounts on their wines.
The wine and food tastings will be free, but you may purchase larger portions.
The Indiana Wine Trail is made up of six wineries — Thomas Family Winery, Lanthier Winery, Madison Vineyards, Ertel Cellars, StreamCliff Farm Winery and The Ridge Winery — along and around the Ohio River Scenic Byway.
According to the press release I received from Switzerland County Tourism,
- Ridge Winery (Switzerland County) is offering blackberry wine cobbler along with white chili with a hint of wine and meatballs in wine sauce.
- Thomas Family Winery (Madison, IN) is featuring a cellar release of special “reds” along with treats made with Gale’s Hand Cider Cheddar Cheese.
- Lanthier Winery (Madison, IN) has Cranberry Grande Lots-a-Ways Holiday.
- Madison Vineyards (Madison, IN — are you sensing a pattern here?) is serving a variety of hot and cold tapas featuring wine as one of the ingredients.
- Stream Cliff Farm & Winery (Commisky, IN) is offering cheeseballs and dips made with wine along with a hot wine punch.
- Ertel Cellars (Batesville, IN) and Chef Ed and Brian Ahaus are surprising visitors with their offerings. You just won’t know until you get there.
Photo credit: MermaidLisa