Last month, I wrote about the Indiana Smokin’ on the Water BBQ Festival by the Lake. I have since learned there is going to be a rather awesome music festival going on as well on that Saturday. (Full disclosure: I will be a celebrity judge for the BBQ portion of the festival.)
Liberty is in Union County, straight south of Richmond, on US 27. The festival will be at the Treaty Line Museum area, in the town of Dunlapsville, just south of Liberty, and just north of the Quakertown Recreation area on the west side of Brookville Lake (3801 W Old Dunlapsville Rd Liberty, IN 47353).
East Fork Studio is sponsoring the music festival this year. Last year’s festival featured some bluegrass music, but East Fork is trying something new with acoustic and rock music acts from around Indiana.
Acoustic performances (Outdoors – on the front porch of the Quakertown General Store):
- Brad Otto (Bath, IN) – Rock/Pop/ Country
- Josh Brock (Liberty, IN) – Rock/ Pop/ Country
- Jay Bales (Connersville, IN) from 7 Days Away – Rock
- Kendall Yeaton (Columbus, IN) – Rock/Pop
Full band performances (Indoors – inside “Praise Auditorium”)
- Cripple Creek (Connersville, IN) – Southern Rock
- Kendall Yeaton and The Knights of Kingston (Columbus, IN) – Rock/Pop
- 7 Days Away (Connersville, IN) – Rock (7 Days Away had a song on the Punisher the movie soundtrack…)