Indiana Lt. Governor Becky Skillman recently announced the 10 winners of her fourth annual Celebration of Hoosier Women Artists competition. The contest is conducted annually in March in conjunction with National Women’s History Month.
The Lt. Governor will personally recognize the winners Wednesday, March 31, at the Statehouse. The winning pieces will be on display in the lobby of the Lt. Governor’s office and on the Lt. Governor’s website for one year beginning in early April.
The winning artists and their works are:
- Genevieve Borden, West Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Migration
- Maryellen Cox, Bargersville, Johnson County, Racing Through Time
- Suzanna Hendrix, Scottsburg, Scott County, Room With a View
- Cathy Hillegas, Floyd Knobs, Floyd County, Autumn on Blue River II
- Janice Lindboe, Martinsville, Morgan County, A Capital Capitol
- Rose Meldrum, Huntington, Huntington County, Winter Stroll
- Diana Miller-Pierce, Fort Wayne, Allen County, The Color of Light
- Kit Miracle, Birdseye, Dubois County, Cat & Boy in a Tree
- Deb Perry, Bluffton, Wells County, Munro Nature Preserve
- Catherine Riley, West Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Sunflower
To view the winning art, visit http://www.in.gov/lg/files/2010_websit_art_.pdf.
Lt. Gov. Skillman selected the 10 winners, after considering feedback from her staff and Dr. Jean Robertson, a professor of Art History at IUPUI’s Herron School of Art and Design.