If watching game after game of March Madness — the NCAA men’s basketball tournament — has made you wish you could be part of the excitement, head to Indianapolis for the five-day fan fest known as “Bracket Town.”
From April 1-5, the Indianapolis Convention Center will host thousands of fans for NCAA tournament-related fun, including:
- Bracket Town Competition Zones with basketball courts for exhibitions and fan games, including State Farm’s Skills Challenge and NCAA Great Shootout, the Coca-Cola Fan Slam Dunk Court, and the POWERADETM 3v3 Tournament;
- AT&T’s “At the Half Video Play-by-Play” television studio, where fans will have the opportunity to be sports commentators, analyzing some of the greatest moments in NCAA Final Four history;
- The Capital One NCAA Championship Area featuring hands-on championship experiences in other NCAA sports, as well as highlights from the NCAA Hall of Champions (trophy, artifacts, and the history of sports) and the Capital One NCAA Theater;
- vitaminwater® revive NCAA youth clinics
- The LG Interactive Zone, which will host the EA NCAA Video Game Tournament;
- The 2,500 seat Spalding Arena, which will play host to numerous exciting fan activities such as the State Farm College Slam Dunk and 3-Point Championships to be broadcast live on ESPN, the Battle of the Bands involving the mascots, bands and cheerleaders of the Final Four teams, the introduction of this year’s State Farm Coaches’ All-American Team, concerts, and more;
- The NCAA Kids Zone;
- Appearances and autograph sessions with former NCAA players and coaches and other sports personalities; and
- Merchandise, food, and fun.
For Bracket Town open times, admission fees and other information, click here.
Final Four Friday
To catch a glimpse of the Final Four teams in action, plan to attend Final Four Friday where the Final Four teams will be practicing at Lucas Oil Stadium from noon until 4pm. There will be chances to win tickets to the NCAA men’s basketball semi-final and final games throughout the day. Parking and admission for this event are free.
Final Four Dribble
One of our family’s favorite Final Four-related events is the Final Four Dribble. Held on Sunday, April 4 at 3:00pm, the Final Four Dribble gives kids under the age of 18 the opportunity to dribble from White River State Park to the entrance of Bracket Town at the Indiana Convention Center. Participants will receive a free basketball and t-shirt courtesy of the NCAA. Participants wearing the Final Four Dribble t-shirt will also receive free admission to Bracket Town on event day. Parents can (and should) accompany their children on the dribble. This event is free, but is limited to the first 2,000 participants. To register online, click here.