According to the Department of Natural Resources website, there are four divisions in the race, and the fastest team in each division will win a prize. The four divisions include Youth (all team members must be 15 or younger), Family and Friends, Corporate Division (all team members from one company), and Costumed Division (prize given to best, most creatively-costumed team).
Other rules & regs from DNR include:
- All participants must use Pokagon’s togobbans, which may not be altered (i.e. don’t spray Pam on the runners).
- Toboggans are $10 per hour, per toboggan.
- A driver’s license is required to rent.
- Teams can register onsite, once you have your sled.
- You can choose which track you’ll ride once you reach the top of the tower.
For more information, call Pokagon State Park at (260) 833-2012, or visit www.tobogganrun.com.
There is a park entrance fee of $5 per vehicle for Indiana residents and $7 per vehicle for non-residents.