Updated: Aug 8 with results: Indiana Schools are 11-8 so this year.
If you’re anything like me, this is your favorite time of year. School is back in session, the air is starting to cool down and after nine long months, it’s time for college football. From IU to Purdue; Notre Dame to Ball State; Wabash to Taylor; you can find college football in every corner of the state. Tonight is the official kickoff for the 2008 college football season and three Indiana schools have games tonight.
Here are the match ups for the first games of the year for a bunch of Indiana schools (Indiana schools are Bolded and linked to their full-season schedule).
Thursday, August 28:
- Northeastern at Ball State (W – 48-14)
- University of Indianapolis at Kentucky Wesleyan (W – 40-14)
- Indiana State at Eastern Michigan (L – 0-52)
Saturday, August 30:
- Western Kentucky at Indiana (W – 31-13)
- St. Joseph’s at Hillsdale (L – 6-49)
- Ohio Dominican University at Marian College (L – 7-70)
Thursday, September 4:
- Valparaiso at Saint Francis (IL) (L – 0-21)
Saturday, September 6:
- San Diego State at Notre Dame (W – 21-13)
- Northern Colorado at Purdue (W – 42-10)
- Butler at Albion (W – 20-6)
- Trinity International University at University of Saint Francis (W – 67-0)
- Taylor at Anderson (the Wagon Wheel game) (Taylor – W – 27-17)
- Earlham at Rose-Hulman (Rose-Hulman - W – 42-35)
- Baldwin-Wallace College at Franklin College (W – 42-35)
- Hanover at Centre (KY) (L – 22-46)
- Manchester College at Trine University (Formerly Tri-State) (Trine – W – 41-13)
Saturday, September 13: