Contact: Mark Anderson
Indiana State Fair Commission
Title: Education Intern
Dates: May through August, dates negotiable
The Education Internship will be a multi layered internship with a focus on the research and implementation of educational programming which takes place during the Indiana State Fair and Summer programming period.
Some of the possible intern responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the educational programs which will take place throughout the Indiana State Fair.
- Implementation of outreach programs around the state throughout the internship.
- Develop program procedures using the curriculum provided by the Indiana State Fair Education Department.
- Coordinate with the education specialist with the scheduling of volunteers for different activities preformed by the education department throughout the Indiana State Fair and summer programming period.
- Applicants' should have completed at least one year of college
- Have good communication and writing skills
- Have previous experience working with children, or family education programming
- Have an academic background in education, social work, family studies, psychology or biology.
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work outside in the summer