Are you living healthy?
Visit the state employee wellness website!
Ready. Set. go365.
Run The State 5K and Hike Series
Contact INSPD Benefits
Contact the Benefits Hotline 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday, EST (317) 232-1167 within Indianapolis area
1-877-248-0007 toll-free outside Indianapolis
At www.anthem.com you can review your up-to-date medical claims from the state's health, dental and vision provider. If you have not registered with Anthem online, you will need to do that before you have access.
Employee Assistance Program
The Anthem EAP program is a free service for all state employees and those in their household. The tools and resources are available 24/7 and are completely confidential.
Additional Benefits Resources
- Eligibility requirements to enroll in the state of Indiana benefit plans
- Employee Group Insurance Benefit Handbook
- Taxsaver Program (Section 125 Cafeteria Plan)
- Qualifying events
- Cobra overview
- Continuation of insurance coverage while on leave
- 2017 Payroll Schedule
- 2017 Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice
- Notice of Indiana State Employee Group Insurance Plan - Privacy Practices
- Form 1095-C: Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
Offboarding - Leaving State Employment?
Employees who are thinking of resigning or retiring from a position with the state of Indiana, or who have been informed of a dismissal, can find on this page general information and links to resources about benefits, obligations and programs related to leaving state government. Note that the individual application and impact of each program or benefit is dependent upon each employee's specific, factual situation. (Visit the SPD Offboarding website)
- Benefiting You - a reference booklet regarding benefits available upon retirement or resignation
- Cobra Qualifying Event
- Early Retiree and COBRA contacts/rates (2017)
- Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) website
- Retirement Medical Benefits Account Plan
- Hoosier S.T.A.R.T.
- Social Security Administration website
- Retired Indiana Public Employees Association
State Disability Program
The purpose is to provide income replacement and insurance premium continuation for state employees who are unable to work due to illness or non-occupational injury. The program includes both Short-Term Disability (STD) benefits and Long-Term Disability (LTD) benefits. The Disability Program is provided to employees as a bridge to sustain employees financially either to a full recovery, partial recovery or permanent disability through Social Security.
- Short-and Long-Term Disability Program Employee Handbook
- Instructions for submission of a disability claim
State Worker’s Compensation Program
The state provides a Worker's Compensation Program for all employees, as required by Indiana Code 22-3-1-1 through 22-3-12-5. The purpose of the Worker's Compensation Program is to provide the statutory benefits afforded an employee that is injured in the course and scope of his or her employment. The state takes seriously the responsibility of providing high quality medical care with the goal of a full recovery and return to work.