Secretary of State taps, retains key community members and seasoned veterans to begin work in 2011
INDIANAPOLIS (Jan. 11, 2011) – Indiana Secretary of State Charlie White today announced several key staff members that will be responsible for ensuring constituents’ accessibility to the office, government transparency, protecting Hoosier investors and maintaining a user friendly service for Indiana businesses.
“Those within my administration have a variety of both private and public backgrounds that will continue the great work of this office,” White said. “Putting the right people in the right places ensures any organization will run efficiently and effectively. I am confident these are the right people and will serve the citizens of Indiana well.”
White assigned the following individuals to their designated positions:
- Deputy Secretary of State and Chief of Staff – Sean Keefer
- Sworn in by Secretary White as deputy secretary of state, Keefer served as the deputy commissioner of the Department of Labor under the Daniels Administration. He also served as the policy director at the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Securities Commissioner - Chris Naylor
- After being reappointed by Secretary White, Naylor enters into his fourth year overseeing the Indiana Securities Division. The division is responsible for protecting Hoosier investors from fraudulent dealings and investment scams.
- Director of Communications – Jason Thomas
- A veteran journalist, Thomas joins the Secretary of State’s office after recently working at the Indianapolis Star for nearly nine years and has nearly 15 years of experience in the journalism field.
- Director of Marketing/Asst. Director of Communications – Todd Darroca
- Darroca recently served as former Secretary of State Todd Rokita’s director of communications and will now serve as the head of the marketing department for the office.
- Director of Outreach and Constituent Services – TJ Lightle
- Joining the office after serving the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, Lightle will help ensure accessibility and educational awareness on specific topics are available to constituents.
Additionally, Secretary White swore in Brad King, who will serve as the Indiana Election Division co-director after being reappointed by Gov. Daniels. King will serve along side Trent Deckard, who will also serve as co-director of the division.
Click here to view the other team members of Secretary White's staff.
Director of Communications
Secretary of State Charles P. White
Office: (317) 233-8655
Cell: (317) 903-2910