Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana State Board of Education
Welcome to the Indiana State Board of Education's (SBOE) website! The eleven-member Board is responsible for K-12 education policy in Indiana. The elected Superintendent of Public Instruction is the chair and the Governor appoints ten bipartisan members.
This website contains information about the Board's members, activities, and upcoming meetings. Please contact the Board Director if you have any questions.
- The Strategic Planning Committee will meet Monday, March 10, 2014 in IGCS Conference Room 12. Additional information can be located under Committees.
- The next business meeting of the Board is scheduled for March 12, 2014 at 9 A.M. in IGCS Conference Room B. Agenda materials have been posted here.
- The Board has moved the April Business Meeting to April 9, 2014 at 9 A.M. in IGCS Auditorium.
- Important information regarding the Indiana Academic Standards Evaluation process has been added here. This information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Public comment on the proposed academic standards will be accepted through March 12, 2014 11 P.M. EDT here.