August 10, 2017
Graduation Pathways Panel – Meeting #1
August 10, 2017, 9 AM (ET)
Indiana State Library
History Reference Room 211
315 W Ohio St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
II. Establishment of Meeting Norms
III. Establishment of Statutory Directions and Requirements
IC 20-32-4-1.5 Pathway requirements
(a) This section applies after June 30, 2018.
(b) Except as provided in sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 of this chapter, each student shall:
(1) demonstrate college or career readiness through a pathway established by the state board, in consultation with the department of workforce development and the commission for higher education;
(2) meet the Core 40 course and credit requirements adopted by the state board under IC 20-30-10; and
(3) meet any additional requirements established by the governing body;
to be eligible to graduate.
(c) The state board shall establish graduation pathway requirements under subsection (b)(1) in consultation with the department of workforce development and the commission for higher education. A graduation pathway requirement may include the following options approved by the state board:
(1) End of course assessments measuring academic standards in subjects determined by the state board.
(2) International baccalaureate exams.
(3) Nationally recognized college entrance assessments.
(4) Advanced placement exams.
(5) Assessments necessary to receive college credit for dual credit courses.
(6) Industry recognized certificates.
(7) The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
(8) Any other pathway approved by the state board.
(d) If the state board establishes a nationally recognized college entrance exam as a graduation pathway requirement, the nationally recognized college entrance exam must be offered to a student at the school in which the student is enrolled and during the normal school day.
IV. Public Comment – email@example.com
V. Discussion with Business and Higher Education Communities - Collaborator Bios
VI. Establishing the Graduation Pathways Values (use of graphic recording)