INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana State Fair is once again helping stretch Hoosier families' entertainment dollar by offering many special pricing and discount opportunities this year. Fair officials have brought back many popular deals from last year's fair, including the wildly popular $2 Tuesdays promotion, along with adding a few new ones.
"It's important for us to recognize that a lot of Hoosiers are still looking for value to stretch their family entertainment budget," Indiana State Fair Executive Director Cindy Hoye said. "That doesn't mean they should miss out on the State Fair, and we're doing everything we can to give everyone the chance to enjoy the fair at some point over the 17 days."
Here are the highlights of the special values at this year's fair:
Midway Deals - Walmart will offer special vouchers for midway wristbands for just $17 prior to Aug. 5. That's a $5 to $8 savings for each wristband purchased! Wristband holders also receive a free Pepsi and game ticket.
- Free admission ticket in the Indianapolis Star - On Monday, Aug. 8, the Indianapolis Star will print a ticket good for free admission to the fair on the following Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 10 and 11.
Turkey Hill Dairy $2 Tuesday
- On Tuesday, Aug. 9 and 16, visitors are admitted for just $2, compliments of Turkey Hill Dairy with voucher printed from www.turkeyhill.com/indianastatefair
IPL Carload Day -
Large families and groups of friends traveling to the fair together will want to take advantage of this great offer, on Monday, Aug. 15. Admission is only $15 per vehicle for up to 10 people with a voucher printed from http://www.iplpower.com/
- BMV Day - Fairgoers can save $4 off of the $8 gate admission on Aug. 17 by redeeming the voucher available online at http://www.mybmv.com/.
- AAA Day - Hoosier AAA members receive free admission on Aug. 18 when they show their valid 2011 AAA membership card at the gate.
- Free admission for Military personnel and families - The State Fair is honoring our current and former members of the Armed Forces by offering free admission for them and family members on Thursday Aug. 18, with the presentation of a military ID.
- $2 discount with Pepsi brand can - All visitors who bring any Pepsi brand can on the fair's final day, Aug. 21, will receive $2 off the gate admission.
- Indiana State Fair Value Coupon Book - Fairgoers can save money on everything from corn dogs to sunglasses by purchasing this book of coupons for just $5. More than $100 in deals and discounts are being offered by dozens of fair vendors. The books are available in the State Fair Gift Shop presented by Indiana Soybean Farmers.
In addition to those great deals, here are several more tips when trying to save on a trip to the Indiana State Fair:
· Arrive early and take advantage of the free parking in the fairgrounds' infield.
· Take advantage of the free Indiana State Fair shuttle by parking at Glendale Mall's Rural Street lot. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day of the fair.
· Save $1 off fair admission when by biking to the State Fair and using one of the secured bike racks available on the Monon Trail at 38th Street from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
· Planning to take the WFMS FairTrain to the fair with the whole family? Tickets are available at the Fishers Train Depot, on the train and at the Hook's Drug Store Museum. Prices are $13 for adults and $6 for children (2-12). Children under 2 ride for free.
· Seniors (age 55 and older) can ride the tractor shuttles around the fairgrounds for just $3 a day with a wristband purchased from the State Fair Information Booths located in Pioneer Village and on State Fair Blvd. Seniors ride free on Golden Hoosiers' Day, Aug. 16.
Saving money while trying to have fun is a stressful task, but, the Indiana State Fair is still a great low-cost way for families to have fun.
About Indiana State Fair
The Indiana State Fair is the state's largest multi-day event attracting more than 900,000 people annually. Nationally recognized for offering the best in entertainment, showcasing youth, interactive agriculture education programs, premiere facilities and a variety of unique, fun foods, the Indiana State Fair is an annual tradition for generations of Hoosiers. Admission is $7 in advance, $8 at the gate - kids 5 and younger are free. For more information, please visit http://www.indianastatefair.com/.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: