INDIANAPOLIS -Award-winning country artists, crashing cars and one of the greatest pop culture icons of all time are on tap at the Indiana State Fair's Hoosier Lottery Grandstand Aug. 5 - 21.
Here is the complete list of Hoosier Lottery Grandstand concerts and events:
- Marsh Band Day - Aug. 5, preliminaries at 9 a.m. ($6 adults, $2 children); finals at 8 p.m. ($10 adults, $4 children). The state's top high school marching bands compete for bragging rights, cash prizes and trophies.
- E3 Monster Truck Nationals presented by Lucas Oil - Aug. 6 at 1 and 7 p.m. ($5). Incredible and competitive monster trucks race during one afternoon session and one evening session.
- Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull - Aug. 7 at 1 and 7 p.m. (Free). Drivers will compete in six different classes during two different pulls at the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand.
- MercyMe and Third Day - Aug. 10 at 7:30 p.m. ($25 and $35). Both of these Christian groups have Grammy nominations and awards under their belts.
- Big Time Rush - Aug. 11 at 6:30 p.m. ($15 and $20). This "Teen Idol" band is headlining its first tour after achieving success on the Nickelodeon channel.
- Sugarland with Sara Bareilles - Aug. 13 at 7:30 p.m. ($35, $45 and $60). Sugarland satisfies country music lovers everywhere with its energy and power. Sara Bareilles has hit the charts with a couple different pop/rock tunes.
- Hoosier Rodeo Series Final 2011 - Aug. 15 at 1 and 7 p.m. Victorious county fair cowboys compete for cash prizes in the season finale of the Hoosier Rodeo Series.
- Janet Jackson - Aug. 17 at 7:30 p.m. ($48, $68 and $88) Named one of the greatest pop culture icons of all time, Janet Jackson has been a superstar since her debut in 1978 and will perform a variety of her No. 1 hits.
- Train and Maroon 5 with Gavin DeGraw - Aug. 18 at 7:30 p.m. ($35, $45 and $55). Train and Maroon 5 have been headlining tours and creating chart-topping music since the '90s. Gavin DeGraw will join and perform a variety of his heart-warming hits.
- Harness Racing - Aug. 18, 19 and 20 at 10 a.m. (Free). More than 84 years of harness racing history continues at the Indiana State Fairgrounds as the finest Indiana and Grand Circuit horses compete, with the prestigious Fox Stake scheduled on Aug. 20..
- #Lady Antebellum - Aug. 19 at 7:30 p.m. ($35, $40 and $45). In five years, Lady Antebellum has rocketed to the top of the country music charts. The trio recently released the single "Just a Kiss" from their upcoming album.
- Cheerleading Competition - Aug. 20 at 3 p.m. ($6 Adults, $3 Children 6-12). Varsity and Jr. Varsity squads from around the state try to impress the judges and take home the enormous trophy.
- Lucas Oil Demolition Derby & Fireworks - Aug. 21 at 7:30 p.m. ($5). This derby is an annual favorite as cars crash into each other until only one is still running. The following fireworks show is the best in the city - any time of year.
Ticket prices for all concerts include State Fair admission. Tickets for all events are available by calling the Indiana State Fair Box Office at (317) 927-7601 or Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. They are also available online at http://www.ticketmaster.com/.
Performance updates, behind-the-scenes photos and contests for free concert tickets are available to Indiana State Fair followers on Twitter at www.twitter.com/indystatefair and Facebook fans at www.bit.ly/INStateFair.
About Indiana State Fair
The Indiana State Fair is the state's largest multi-day event attracting more than 900,000 people annually. Nationally recognized for offering the best in entertainment, showcasing youth, interactive agriculture education programs, premiere facilities and a variety of unique, fun foods, the Indiana State Fair has been an annual tradition for generations of Hoosiers since 1852. Admission is $7 in advance, $8 at the gate - kids 5 and younger are free. For more information, please visit http://www.indianastatefair.com/.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: