Two public events are scheduled for Monday, January 25, 2010 regarding Sani Tech, Inc's request for a sewer rate increase. Both events will be held at Neil Armstrong Elementary School, 1000 State Road 144, Mooresville, Indiana:
- At 5:30 p.m., the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) will conduct an information meeting to discuss the regulatory process and describe public field hearing procedures.
- At 6:00 p.m., the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) will conduct a formal public field hearing to accept oral and written consumer comments in the case. The comments will become part of the evidentiary record considered by the IURC in reaching its final decision. Commissioners are not permitted to answer consumer questions during the formal field hearing.
Sani Tech - an investor-owned sewer utility providing service to the Rolling Vista Estates subdivision near Mooresville - is requesting permission to increase its flat, monthly residential sewer bill from $70.00 to $89.00. According to its IURC filing, the utility is seeking the rate change due to increases in operating and maintenance costs. Sani Tech's current rates were approved in 2002.
The OUCC, the state agency representing consumer interests in cases before the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC), is currently scheduled to file its recommendations in this case on February 8, 2010. In the meantime, the agency's staff continues its technical and legal review of Sani Tech's proposal.
Consumers who are unable to attend the January 25 events may submit written comments to the OUCC by mail, fax or the Internet:
- Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Fax: (317) 232-5923
- E-mail: uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov
- OUCC Website: www.IN.gov/OUCC
Written comments should include the consumer's name, mailing address, and a reference to IURC Cause No. 43793-U.
For additional information on this case, including a copy of the utility's filing, please visit the OUCC Website at www.in.gov/oucc/2587.htm.
(IURC Cause No. 43793-U)
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) represents Indiana consumer interests before state and federal bodies that regulate utilities. As a state agency, the OUCC's mission is to represent all Indiana consumers to ensure quality, reliable utility services at the most reasonable prices possible through dedicated advocacy, consumer education, and creative problem solving. To learn more, visit www.IN.gov/OUCC.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: