Two public events will be held in Westfield on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 regarding the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission's (IURC's) pending investigation of E.com Technologies, LLC - doing business as FirstMile. Both events will take place at Centennial Bible Church, 720 Liberty Drive:
- At 5:30 p.m., the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) will conduct an information meeting to discuss the utility regulatory process and describe field hearing procedures.
- At 6:00 p.m., the IURC will conduct a formal public field hearing to accept oral and written comments from consumers. All comments provided during the field hearing will become part of the evidentiary record considered by the IURC in reaching its final decision in the case. Commissioners are not permitted to answer consumer questions during the formal field hearing.
E.com - doing business as FirstMile - provides telecommunications services, including telephone and video services, to customers in the Centennial neighborhood in Westfield. The IURC initiated this case in May 2009 to review the company's compliance with previous Commission orders and with state laws and regulations. For more information on this case, please visit www.in.gov/oucc/2583.htm.
Consumers who are unable to attend the October 20 events can send written comments to the OUCC in advance. The OUCC accepts consumer comments by mail, fax and the Internet:
- Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Fax: (317) 232-5923
- E-mail: uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov
- OUCC Website: www.IN.gov/OUCC
Written comments should include the consumer's name, mailing address, and a reference to IURC Cause No. 43677.
(IURC Cause No. 43677)
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) represents Indiana consumer interests before state and federal bodies that regulate utilities. As a state agency, the OUCC's mission is to represent all Indiana consumers to ensure quality, reliable utility services at the most reasonable prices possible through dedicated advocacy, consumer education, and creative problem solving. To learn more, visit www.IN.gov/OUCC.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: